This radical improvement in image quality was achieved with a single clean.
This Indium-on-Iron sample was prepared in vacuum, but even so was susceptible to image degradation through contamination. The FEG on which this data was run was 5 years old.
- Plugs into the EM chamber directly
- Cleans not only the sample but surrounding instrument areas, so improving overall performance
- Better than Cryo-trap! Gently and actively removes contamination
- Completely different process to "plasma pre-prep" because it is a chemical (oxygen radical) cleaning process. This makes it extremely gentle compared with the usual "high-energy bombardment" process inherent in immersing the sample in a plasma.
- Port Adapters available for most popular EMs
- Extremely cost-effective